Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Paul's Hump Nose Correction at GNG Hospital

Before Surgery

Surgical Plan
Open Rhinoplasty
Hump reduction (osteotomy)
Tip plasty (ear cartilage only)
Bulbous Tip Correction


1 week post-op
"A little less bruising today and my breathing is really improving. Please let Dr. Son know that my sense of smell is better now than it was before the operation. I really appreciate his good work!"







2 weeks post-op
"Hey so it’s been two weeks since my rhinoplasty with Dr. Son at GNG. I am really happy with how my recovery is going and they’ve been great with checking up to see how I’m doing.









There’s still a little bit of bruising on my bridge and some swelling of my tip. I think I still have a few dissolvable stitches in there somewhere and the scar on my columella needs more time to heal but I don’t think anyone at work has noticed!







Obviously it’s still fairly early but I’m impressed by how straight Dr. Son was able to make my bridge even though we didn’t use any implants. Even with the swelling, my tip is already way less bulbous and doesn’t hang downwards anymore. So yeah, I’m feel pretty good about my results even at this stage.

With each passing day I can see and feel improvements, especially my sense of smell. It is even better now than it was before my procedure! My breathing also feels smoother, almost effortless.

Bonus information: I’m happy to report that AirPods still fit well in my left ear after having cartilage taken from it!"

1 month post-op
"It’s been over a month since I had my rhinoplasty and I’m back to give you another update!

So I've been avoiding the sun as much as possible, as it’s super important not to get my nose sunburnt! Not working out has also helped my recovery progress. But it feels like I should be okay to gradually start working back up to my pre-surgery routine over the next few weeks without causing a nosebleed. I will have to avoid contact sports for a few more months at least though!"



2 months post-op
"Dr. Son flattened the nasal hump and my side profile is basically a million times better now. It’s even more impressive because he did it without an implant. I also really like the way he used cartilage from my ear to improve the area at the top of the bridge.

Straight after the cast came off, I had some funny skin discolouration where my bridge had been smoothed down. Over the last four weeks that has slowly returned to normal and is hardly noticeable now.

The numbness in my nose and ear (where I had cartilage taken from) is still there but the sense of feeling is definitely coming back.

I think I still have swelling in my upper lip and nose tip, so I'm hoping they will both eventually become more natural looking. I’ve learnt to appreciate the importance of being patient when recovering from a rhinoplasty and not worrying too much about things that usually sort themselves out over time. Especially when you've had a lot done!

I may have mentioned it before, but I really appreciate how much my breathing and sense of smell has improved. One of the things that really appealed to me about GNG was the way they care about not only improving how your nose looks, but also taking care that it functions well."



GNG Hospital
Good Life n Good Choice




Connect with Us!
Kakao: gnghospital
Line/Skype/Wechat: gngplasticsurgery
Cell / Whatsapp : +821054732035
English Tel: +827044582933




3 comments:

  1. Interesting blog and I really like your work and must appreciate for your work for the plastic surgeon san antonio.



    plastic surgery in san antonio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog and thanks for sharing such a beneficial blog. Get nose correction surgery in india by expert surgeons. Visit VJ clincs and get the surgery at reasonable cost. Our clinic is one of the top clinic in India for cosmetic surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nose Correction Surgery in India is best recommended to get from VJ Clinics. The technique can correct the shape of your nose according to your face.

    ReplyDelete